What has happened to our power to agree with the truth?

Elevate: To raise to a higher moral, spiritual or intellectual level.

•Manhood •Virtue •Loyalty •Character •Truth •Wisdom •Insight

There is a form of ignorance that everyone needs to escape from.

How much of the following do you agree with?

Friday, February 8, 2008

A quote from George Fox

But as I had forsaken the priests, so I left the Separate preachers also, and those called the most experienced people; for I saw there was none among them all that could speak to my condition. And when all my hopes in them and in all men were gone, so that I had nothing outwardly to help me, nor could I tell what to do; then, oh! then I heard a voice which said, 'There is one, even Christ Jesus, that can speak to thy condition': and when I heard it, my heart did leap for joy. ...and this I knew experimentally. My desires after the Lord grew stronger, and zeal in the pure knowledge of God, and of Christ alone, without the help of any man, book, or writing. For though I read the Scriptures that spake of Christ and of God, yet I knew Him not, but by revelation, as He who hath the key did open, and as the Father of Life drew me to His Son by His Spirit. Then the Lord gently led me along, and let me see his love, which was endless and eternal, surpassing all knowledge that men have in the natural state, or can get by history or books; and that love let me see myself, as I was without Him. I was afraid of all company, for I saw them perfectly where they were, through the love of God, which let me see myself.

-Goerge Fox

No comments:

True Grit

True Grit

Subscribe

Link at bottom of each page

Blog Archive